GPSG hosted the first Senate meeting of the 2017-2018 academic year, introducing a new agenda to increase graduate student representation.
See the latest GPSG Newsletter for complete updates!
- Pady Doroodchi was elected to the position of GPSG Secretary in a special vote to fill the vacant position
- Four student leaders were confirmed to GPSG Cabinet positions
- GPSG President Taylor Valley proposed, and the Senate passed several motions:
- Establishment of a permanent International Graduate Student Committee
- Establishment of Secretary of Veteran Student Affairs Cabinet position
- Establishment of Secretary of International Student Affairs Cabinet position
Associate Dean of The Graduate School, Dr. Katherine Hall-Hertel, welcomed Senate members to the new year, and explained the importance of GPSG as the primary representative body for graduate student needs since 1999.